So lately I've taken to making my own desserts. I've tried Coconut Cream pie, and a chocolate cream pie (I can eat the filling all by itself). The problem is that it makes too much.
Portion control is the only way I have any self control. So while browsing through my recipes the other day I found this great, easy, and small recipe for No-Bake P.C.O. cookies (Peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 3/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar and cocoa. Add the milk and butter.
- Over medium heat bring to a boil and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and stir until melted. Add oatmeal, stir.
- Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper. Let stand until set.
Hope you enjoy!
PS--You could probably make this a healthier recipe if you wanted, but really, what's the point?